Wednesday 11 March 2015

13th Annual Rondo Awards | The Vincent Price Journal nominated for a second year

Now in its 13th year, The Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards will be held on Sunday 19 April, and the polls are now open for your vote and support.

This year, there are six categories in which fans have embraced the legacy of Vincent Price; with my own blog The Vincent Price Journal (aka My First Trip Abroad) being nominated a second year in a row. As it was the winner last year, I'm not expecting to win again, however if you do want to vote for me again, then I thank you so much!

As for the other Vincent Price-related nominees, I've listed them below for your consideration (the numbers represent the order they appear in the poll). Of course, you should check out the full list as there are lots of worthy treats on offer.




4. BEST DVD/BLU-RAY COLLECTION
– The Vincent Price Collection: Volume 2 (Scream Factory).
 

5. BEST RESTORATION OR UPGRADE
Theatre of Blood (Arrow). Check out my review (here)

6. BEST COMMENTARY
Return of the Fly (Shout!). With David del Valle and actor Brett Halsey.
Tomb of Ligeia (Shout!). With historian Constantine Nasr. 

7. BEST DVD EXTRA
Pit and the Pendulum: Behind the Swinging Blade (Arrow). Directed by Calum Waddell. Check out my review (here)

19. BEST BLOG OR ONLINE COLUMN OF 2014
The Vincent Price Journal (aka My First Trip Abroad). This is my real-time travel blog based on Vincent's 1928 hand-written journal. 

23. BEST MULTIMEDIA (PODCAST OR STREAMING) OF 2014
The Fantastic Films of Vincent Price. A chronological video review series by Dr Gangrene. 

HOW TO VOTE: All voting is by e-mail only. Simply copy the ballot (click here for the full one) and send an e-mail with your picks to, David Colton, at taraco@aol.com by Sunday night at midnight (US time), April 19.




No comments: